This was the first time I gone with FULL TEXT SEARCH IN SQL server.and I got....
SQL Server encountered error 0x80070422 while communicating with full-text filter daemon host (FDHost) process. Make sure that the FDHost process is running. To re-start the FDHost process, run the sp_fulltext_service 'restart_all_fdhosts' command or restart the SQL Server instance.
anyways!I wasn't worried about it.After a deep R&D I found the solution :)
The problem was that the actual FTS service was disabled (but not just that.......)
So go into your services and make sure that this one is running:
SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher (MSSQLSERVER)
But even after I set this up running things weren't working.More research led me to find out that there was an issue with the fact that we run our SQL Server under a domain account and the full text search was not running as that same user.
So I configured this service to run as the same user and restarted the service.
Then in SQL Server I ran this:
EXEC sp_fulltext_service 'restart_all_fdhosts'
to restart things.
Also right click on the FTS catalog (under databasename / Storage / Full Text Catalog), picked properties, and then selected the option to rebuild catalog.