Friday, May 14, 2010

Error when trying to do full text search with SQL Server 2008

This was the first time I gone with FULL TEXT SEARCH IN SQL server.and I got....

SQL Server encountered error 0x80070422 while communicating with full-text filter daemon host (FDHost) process. Make sure that the FDHost process is running. To re-start the FDHost process, run the sp_fulltext_service 'restart_all_fdhosts' command or restart the SQL Server instance.

anyways!I wasn't worried about it.After a deep R&D I found the solution :)
The problem was that the actual FTS service was disabled (but not just that.......)
So go into your services and make sure that this one is running:

SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher (MSSQLSERVER)

But even after I set this up running things weren't working.More research led me to find out that there was an issue with the fact that we run our SQL Server under a domain account and the full text search was not running as that same user.

So I configured this service to run as the same user and restarted the service.

Then in SQL Server I ran this:

EXEC sp_fulltext_service 'restart_all_fdhosts'

to restart things.

Also right click on the FTS catalog (under databasename / Storage / Full Text Catalog), picked properties, and then selected the option to rebuild catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment